8. February 2013 14:33
South Nyanza Sugar Company Limited, a key player in the sugar industry in Kenya wishes to enhance its human capital
base by filling the above position with talented and qualified Kenyan citizens.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to Environment Health and Safety Manager, the Fire Engine Operator will be responsible for:
• Performing specialized functions in preparing and responding to fire/emergency calls in order to ensure loss of life,
property or injury as a result of fire is prevented and/or minimized.
• Responding to emergency calls; laying and connecting hose; holding nozzles and directing water streams; raising and
climbing ladders; using extinguishers and other equipment.
• Assisting in rescue operations during emergencies.
• Operating appliances and communication equipment.
• Providing first responder actions to emergency medical and hazardous materials calls.
• Maintenance of equipment in good repair in accordance with company policies and procedures.
• KCSE Grade C (Plain) or its equivalent with relevant qualifications from a reputable fire training school.
• A minimum level of fireman grade 1.
• First Aid Certificate Course lasting not less than 1 week from St. Johns Ambulance or any other recognized
• 5 years’ experience as a fire fighter.
• Knowledge of firefighting techniques and methods, emergency procedures and public safety theories and methods.
If you believe that you demonstrate abilities to meet the criteria of the above positions, please submit your application
with copies of your certificates and a well detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) to reach the company at the address provided
below not later than 1st March, 2013.
South Nyanza Sugar Company Limited
P.O Box 107-40405
Sare - Awendo